Monday, March 27, 2017

March Mundaneness

We've officially gotten into a routine in our family, which means it must be time to change it up again. Baby boy is coming in roughly 8 weeks, and I'm sure that, once he does, life will be very different as we re-adjust. But for now, we're somewhat in a holding pattern. Not much is happening, and I consider that a good thing.

One thing has changed, though. Paige is now able to open doors. She used to only be able to open doors that she needed to push on, but recently, she figured out the pulling side of doors. This skill means she's now able to open her bedroom door. Unfortunately, this affects how well she sleeps now. We put her in bed and, within a minute, she's back outside her room. To solve this, we put a locking doorknob on her door with the lock facing outwards. I don't like that we have to lock her in her room to make her stay put, but it really is for the best of everyone--she actually sleeps and doesn't wander the house unsupervised. The few times we put her to bed before we installed the lock, she would get up during nap time and rearrange items in the house, like moving the upstairs plunger into my bedroom and taking the pancake mix from the pantry and bringing it to bed with her. Locking her door and then unlocking it once she's asleep has been the best solution so far.

Spring has arrived, and with that, Paige and I can explore more and play outdoors. She has been loving the parks I take her to, and I love that she can wear herself out while I watch from a bench. Being pregnant and keeping a toddler alive takes a lot of energy, so I love when she can play independently from me, but we can still have a good time. We've been exploring different parks both nearby in our neighborhood and around the valley. She definitely loves slides, and she's impressed me with her bravery as she plays on the equipment meant for "big kids". 

I've also been taking her to library programs for toddlers, and she absolutely loves them. She is a social butterfly and thrives on interactions with others. She loves the nursery rhymes and songs that they sing at the library, and she's finally at the point where she tries to sing along. She also has learned to share and likes to tell me she's sharing her toys when she's playing with other kids. I'm grateful for that. She's not very possessive of anything, so, if other kids take her stuff, she finds something else to do. 

Paige has been enjoying spending time with her Aunt McKenzie and Uncle Nicholas. They have babysat a few times for us this past month, and it's been super helpful to have them close enough to watch Paige. She loves playing with them, and often asks if they're coming over. Stephen and I have been able to go on dates thanks to their babysitting. We went to the new Provo temple for the first time and had a nice time there. We also were invited to a "Death by Chocolate" party hosted by our realtor. I enjoyed having an excuse to dress up a bit, and the chocolate fountains were delicious. Most of all, I'm glad Stephen and I can take some time before baby boy comes to have these outings since it will be much harder to do them in a few months. 

Stephen has been busy with work, but is doing well there. His company is growing beyond their office space, so he and some of his coworkers have been relocated to a nearby building for a while. Lucid is changing offices in the Fall, once their new building is completed. The new office is about a half mile from his current office, so it won't be a dramatic location change. Stephen's been working on several projects, mostly integrations, and he's been put in charge of important tasks. I don't fully understand it all, but Stephen does, and that's what matters.

As far as me, I've still been sick. It's not an all day nausea, but rather, it mostly hits me at night or in the morning. It's a few minutes of getting the food out of my stomach, and then I'm ok again. Though, if it's the morning, it's normally dry heaving until I can get some food in me. Being in the third trimester, I feel uncomfortable almost all the time. Baby is growing well, but he's also growing a lot. At times, I can feel my body stretching as he pushes on me. He moves a lot, especially when I'm trying to relax. I don't feel balanced or steady much anymore, and my back and hip is giving me pain, even though I see a chiropractor weekly.

So, fun story. With pregnancy, your blood gets checked a lot. With Paige, I had my blood type tested and it came back A+. With this pregnancy, my blood test said I was O-. Blood types don't change, however, meaning we had a problem. With pregnancy, being O- requires an additional shot because of reasons (google it if you want, I'm not super interested in explaining it). Anyway, they retested my blood and confirmed that I am O-. No one knows what happened with the first pregnancy, but luckily, I was not affected by missing the extra shot from last time, so no harm was done. But from now on, I get extra shots, which is so (not) fun. 

Anyway, this post is lacking in actual events, but rather is a snapshot of our life. It's one of those "no news is good news" times where our day to day life is boring but pleasant. It's nice to not be dealing with a lot of drama or stress. I know this period in our lives is only temporary before we add an additional child to the mix, so we'll soak it in while we can and look forward to new adventures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment